FREE WAEC REGISTRATION: WHY WE REGISTERED LESS THAN 200 CANDIDATES ...spent N500,000 more
The Director of Educational Services of Cosmos Ndukwe Foundation, Prof. Onwukwe Alaezi has explained why the Foundatiom paid for School Certificate Exam fees for less than 200 candidates. This will be the first time since the first edition of the program commenced in 2011, that fewer than 200 candidates will have their Examination fees paid in full by the Foundatiom.
Prof Alaezi narrated how the Foundation Team observed that most of the beneficiaries were not pre qualified to register as they owed school and other fees. The Director of Educational Services reiterated that it would have amounted to an exercise in futility to pay exam fees for those who may not write it after all.
Though the strategy cost much more than originally budgeted, the Foundation cleared debts of affected students before registering them for WAEC examinations. Out of the 135 that were registered @18,000 per student, the Foundation paid the school and other fees of 85 of them @ 20,000 per student. The overall implication is that the Foundation spent N4,130,000; N500,000 more than the initial budget of N3,600,000.
98% of the Beneficiaries were drawn from rural public schools in Item, Igbere, Alayi, Ezeukwu and Ugwueke. The other 2% were select students of private schools. The method used was on the spot random administration of questions giving all students equal opportunity to be listed.
To support this and other causes, please follow this link